Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

The new year has begun, and were almost a week in already. I had kinda lost track of how long I had been gone for (nearly 2 months) still doesn't feel like that long. Only three to go now until I am home again. I feel pretty settled here in Niseko now, or as settled as a Gaijin (westerner) ski bum can be in a Japanese ski resort. Most stuff that I found an effort when I first arrived due to the language barrier are becoming easier, thanks to my senseis Koji and Mai who are helping me learn some essential and not so essential Japanese. A day at work is never that boring when you are getting taught a new language. I think one of the best things about living in a place so different to home is just discovering how the culture and customs here are so similar yet so different, and usually it just makes me laugh.

The weather so far this year hasn't been all that good. We have had a few days where the lifts have been closed or partially closed due to high winds, And not that much snow (By Niseko standards). That always seems to happen at some point during a season, I just hope it doesn't last too long.

I have tomorrow off, so I will be getting my one sleep in for the week. Going to head up the mountain at some point, no rush as it hasn't snowed tonight. So long as the wind has died down a bit by then it should still be good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment